Our Fremont Chiropractor Can Help with Your Headaches and Migraines
If you suffer from the ache and pain of migraines or other types of painful headaches, our Fremont Chiropractor, Dr. Troy Brainard, can offer treatment to help ease the pain and put an end to your issues once and for all. Brainard Chiropractic offers chiropractic headache treatment to patients in North Bend, Arlington, Hooper, and Fremont, Nebraska, and can provide you with headache treatment so you can feel relief fast. If you are ready to start feeling better and want a cure for those annoying migraines, the team at Brainard Chiropractic can help!
Why Do We Get Headaches and Migraines?
Headaches can be caused by a variety of things and it can be different for each person. Common headache triggers include toxic fumes, physical or emotional stress, hormones, food, alcohol, bright light, high blood pressure, allergies and more. Dr. Brainard also knows that a frequently overlooked source of migraines and headaches is misaligned spinal bones of the neck, shoulder, and back. When certain neck, shoulder, and backbones lose their correct position, blood vessels and nerves in the head can be affected, which causes the pain associated with migraines and headaches.
If you are having frequent headaches, it is definitely a sign that something is wrong and you should make an appointment with our Fremont chiropractor for further service and treatment.
Types of Headaches and Migraines Chiropractors Can Help
When you are feeling the pain associated with migraines or other types of headaches, you may not know much more than the fact that there is a throbbing ache and it won’t go away. There are, however, a variety of different types of headaches that you may be experiencing. Tension headaches are the most common, however, there are others you should be aware of that chiropractors can help:
- Cluster Headaches – When you can feel a headache behind your eyes, this is typically a cluster headache. Cluster headaches usually occur at night and are similar to migraines, but are not quite as intense. Like the name suggests, cluster headaches often happen from one to four times a day in clusters over the course of several days.
- Tension Headaches – Tension headaches are most often caused by poor posture and whiplash from auto accidents. The extra stress on the spine and muscles surrounding the neck and the upper back area can be painful. Due to the incorrect positioning, muscle spasms occur that can make your head hurt.
- Migraine Headaches – Known as the most painful of all types of headaches, migraines have a reputation for providing intense pain which is often accompanied by sensitivity to light and noise, as well as a feeling of nausea. These headaches happen when the blood vessels in the brain constrict, then immediately dilate. The rapid increase in blood pressure causes intense pain that migraines create.
- Vascular headaches feature intense throbbing. This type of headache includes migraine headaches as well as cluster headaches
- Vertebrogenic headaches are caused by issues with the neck and cause pain in the front, sides, and back of the head
Find Relief from Headache Pain with Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic treatments are highly effective at relieving pain and treating the structural causes of the symptoms.
Spinal adjustments work to realign your spine into a more appropriate position in order to ease pressure and allow nerves to heal. This type of treatment also involves relaxation techniques and lifestyle changes to address both the symptoms and their causes.
Find out more about headaches and chiropractic relief here.
How You Can Help Relieve Your Headache Pain
- Follow a healthy fitness and diet program
- Keep a journal of what you ate, did, and were exposed to for several weeks so you can identify your triggers
- Use relaxation techniques to reduce stress and tension
- Keep your treatment appointments
How Can Chiropractic Care Relieve My Painful Headaches?
Chiropractic care is proven to be highly effective at relieving pain and treating the structural causes of the symptoms of migraines and headaches. Chiropractors use a series of spinal adjustments to realign your spine into a better position to alleviate pressure and allow the nerves to heal properly. This type of chiropractic treatment service also includes lifestyle changes which include relaxation techniques that can help the symptoms as well as the causes of headaches. Have you tried chiropractic care for your migraines and headaches? It just may offer the solution you are looking for!
Call Brainard Chiropractic Today!
Brainard Chiropractic has been serving the Fremont, North Bend, Arlington, and Hooper, Nebraska area for over 20 years and are ready to help you with your migraine and headache issues. Call us today to schedule an appointment with Dr. Brainard at (402) 727-8668 to get rid of the ache and experience a better quality of life!